Are you thinking about moving and Living in Arlington VA? Don’t know whether the city is a suitable place for you or not? Wonder how to conduct the move? Don’t worry. Helix Transfer & Storage Northern Virginia are here to answer all your questions and resolve any doubts. Check out our ultimate guide on living in Arlington and how to move there successfully. If you decide to move here after reading the guide, you can count on movers in Arlington VA to help with your relocation. Now, let us take you on a virtual tour of the city. Enjoy the ride!
Get to know Arlington VA
Before we state all the pros and cons of moving to Arlington VA, let us present this city. It is located in the county of the same name. It is a booming city with thriving life and work opportunities. The area is rich in history and full of historical monuments. Here, you can enjoy a wide range of activities with plenty of options for eating, drinking, and shopping. Did you know that Arlington County was Alexandria County? It was renamed Arlington County after Alexandria County, and the city of Alexandria separated in the year 1870. It got its name from Arlington House, General Robert E. Lee’s home, located at the Arlington National Cemetery.
Arlington is considered to be an expensive area
Although the cost of living is higher than the national average, moving and living in Arlington VA is still worth the money since it is one of the best places to settle down with your family and have a great life and work opportunities. The unemployment rate is low, only 2.6%. The crime rate is 62% safer than the national average. Even though houses tend to be expensive, you can still find affordable neighborhoods in Arlington, such as Arlington Ridge.
Factors to consider before moving to Arlington VA
Relocation is not a decision you make every day. So, it would be best to consider it carefully to avoid making a mistake you may regret later. It is said that moving is like a divorce or even the death of a loved person. So, take your time to think about all the pros and cons before making a final decision. Here are some of the critical factors to consider before moving and hiring local movers Northern Virginia:
- Lifestyle and Affordability – It is the first thing you should pay attention to when deciding on a place to move to.
- Real estate value – Buying a home is quite an investment. So, before you move, check Arlington’s real estate market. First, however, pay attention to matching what the best season for buying a home is.
- Career Opportunities – Your career makes the most of your life. So, before you decide to move to Arlington, check the job market and the opportunities it offers.
- Education opportunities – If you have children, research the schools Arlington offers to ensure the best possible education for your children.
- Culture and diversity – A sense of community is essential when choosing a neighborhood. So, explore Arlington’s neighborhoods before buying or renting a home.
- Commute time – Time is priceless nowadays. Nobody wants to spend time commuting from office to home. So, check the proximity of the most critical facilities.
- Climate – Although it may sound like an unimportant factor, it can immensely affect the quality of your life.
- (Natural) environment – Fresh air is a luxury nowadays, so check the natural environment for most of your outdoor activities.
Reasons why people move to Arlington VA
There are many reasons why people choose Arlington VA for their home. The first and foremost reason is career development. In Arlington VA, the unemployment rate is 44% lower than the national average, which means you have plenty of job opportunities. And while the city offers jobs in the public sector, there are numerous options in the private sector. Some of the top employees are Boeing, Raytheon Technologies, and Deloitte. However, career options are not the only reasons people choose to move to Arlington. Besides, Arlington VA is perfect for entrepreneurs and start-ups. So, contact some of the best office movers Northern Virginia and move your business like a pro.
Education is another great reason. If you are considering moving and living in Arlington, VA, in pursuit of higher, you couldn’t make a better choice. Here you can study healthcare, IT, or criminal justice at Marymount University ranked among the best universities. In addition, here you’ll get the chance to meet international students. If you are searching for doctoral studies in IT, enroll at George Mason University. Although living standards may be higher, you can find budget-friendly educational options in Arlington, such as NOVA (Northern Virginia Community College). Besides, Arlington has proximity to DC, where you can also find attractive educational opportunities. If these reasons are enough for you to move to Arlington, check some of the best residential movers Northern Virginia offers and ensure a seamless move.
Other reasons for moving and living in Arlington VA
Besides the reasons mentioned above, there are several more reasons why you should consider moving to Arlington, VA. These are:
- Livability and sustainability -Dod you know that Arlington was the first to achieve LEED? Besides, it is one of the greenest cities thanks to its city planning. Reason enough to move here.
- Excellent public transportation – Arlington is one of the best places in the nation for public transport thanks to The Arlington Transit system, and Area Transit Authority is also home to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. In addition, most of the Arlington neighborhoods are walkable and bikeable, contributing to a healthy and eco-friendly environment.
Best Arlington neighborhoods
Like all cities, Arlington offers different types of neighborhoods. One thing is sure; each one has a unique location and vibe. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Arlington Ridge – is famous for its proximity to different places around town. The housing area is colonial-style, with single-family homes, apartments, and townhouses.
- Rosslyn -perfect for those who want to be close to Washington DC. Unlike Arlington Ridge, here you can find many high-rise buildings, which contribute to the urban feel. However, these homes tend to be expensive.
- Yorktown – perfect for young families with children. It has all the amenities one family needs, and most schools are located in this neighborhood, such as Nottingham Elementary and Yorktown High.
However, this ultimate guide on moving and living in Arlington VA won’t be a whole without mentioning Lyon Village. It is a neighborhood located in the heart of Arlington. Even though it’s located in the center, you experience a suburban feel. If you are already living in Arlington and want to change the neighborhood, check out our small moves Northern Virginia services and ensure quick relocation. If all these reasons are enough for you to move to Arlington VA, let’s find out how to perform the move.
What to do in Arlington
There are plenty of outdoor activities in Arlington you can enjoy. So, let’s go for a little virtual walk. First, visit Mount Vernon Trail, where you can experience an 18-miles-trail between George Washington’s Mount Vernon and Theodore Roosevelt Island. Next, pay a visit to Long Bridge Aquatics & Fitness Center at Long Bridge Park. Or, take your family to Glencarlyn Park and organize a picnic. Finally, enjoy the nature of this greenest city.
How to prepare for moving to Arlington VA
Now that you have found enough reasons to move to Arlington VA, it’s time to start preparing for your move. The key to a successful relocation is to plan carefully. Luckily, you are not alone. Our residential movers in Northern VA prepared a list of things you should do to successfully finish all the tedious moving tasks. Here’s what you should pay attention to:
- Plan your moving budget accordingly – this is the first thing you should do if you want to avoid unwanted expenses.
- Obtain the necessary paperwork on time and have it at hand – gather your documents in a file or computer and make backup copies.
- Make a list of your belongings – an inventory list will help you stay organized and will also help you declutter.
- Pack your essential bag – You’ll probably be tired after the relocation, and you won’t have enough strength to search the boxes for your essentials. So, pack the things you use daily, such as your toothbrush, laundry, chargers, or anything you find essential. Also, don’t forget to pack a first-aid kit.
- Schedule your movers – The key to a successful move has the right help. So, hire movers Arlington VA to handle the whole relocation process. They’ll make a tailored moving plan after inspecting your home and give you an accurate moving quote.
- Make a packing plan – Our recommendation is to plan each room individually. Start from the room of your highest priority.
- Make a floor plan for your new home – This way; you’ll save time unpacking and avoid mess.
- Find storage – Using storage services will help you declutter and make space.
How to pack for the move
Packing is the most tedious and frustrating relocation task. However, don’t worry about it. With the right packing guide and packing service Northern Virginia, you’ll forget about the pressure packing imposes. You’ll enjoy packing your belongings eventually. Here’s how to pack efficiently:
- Determine the packing zone
- Gather the packing supplies in one place
- Make a packing plan
- Pack room by room – our recommendation is to start from utility rooms. However, it’s up to you how you will set your priorities.
- Declutter as you pack. Get rid of the furniture, clothes, dishes, or other items you won’t need anymore.
Why use storage while moving
Whether you are moving locally or long distance, you will undoubtedly need storage at some moment during the move. For example, you may use a temporary home that doesn’t have enough space for all the boxes, or you will need extra space in your new home. In both cases, you’ll need to use storage. Expect your chosen movers in Arlington to arrange it for you. This way, you don’t have to worry about the safety of your belongings. So, use our Northern Virginia storage and ensure your belongings’ safety.
Make your moving and living in Arlington VA, a pleasant experience
Searching for the right moving company is a time-consuming task. Luckily, you won’t have to search any further than our page. Helix Moving & Storage is one of the best moving companies you could come across. Your only task is to contact us, and we’ll get back to you with a moving quote and a tailored moving plan.
Prepare for moving and living in Arlington VA by hiring movers in Arlington VA. Avoid potential damage to your belongings by using professional moving services. Helix Transfer & Storage are here to help you deal with relocation. Using our packing and moving services is the best decision you could make. This way, you will save a lot of time and money and avoid many headaches and stress that relocation imposes. Get moved to Arlington VA like a pro. Let us be a part of this new chapter in your life and handle the relocation for you from start to finish.
Helix was great!!
Helix was great!! We moved from VA to PA and they handled everything efficiently and effectively. We had some issues with freight elevators at both our old and new apartments and they were able to handle it well.