Are you moving to Alexandria, VA? Wonder where to start preparing for the move? Don’t worry. It is a normal wondering, no matter whether you are moving for the first time or not, since moving is a complex process that requires full attention and strict organization. However, you are not alone in this venture. Our movers and packers Northern Virginia are here to guide you through the whole process. With the following tips for a successful move to Alexandria VA, your relocation will be simple, smooth, and stress-free. You’ll even get to enjoy the process. So, stay with us and find out more. Let’s go.
Where to start preparing for the move?
Relocation is a venture that requires almost perfect organization, which means you’ll have to pay attention to the slightest details. However, you’d probably not have enough time to deal with peculiarities but don’t worry. If you hire movers Alexandria VA, you won’t have to deal with the tasks alone. The movers will help you organize. So, the first step towards organizing a successful relocation is to choose a reliable moving company. Other measures are more straightforward:
- Make a list of all your inventories: Wonder why you need it? It’s simple. The list will guide you on where to start packing, giving you a clear picture of the number of items you need to move. Besides, it will define what size of moving truck you need. Most importantly, the list will help you declutter. If you don’t have time to make it, or you don’t know how to, don’t worry.
- Make a moving timeline: This is important if you want to finish everything on time. It will also make the relocation process more straightforward.
- Decide where to start packing from: The best option is to fill room by room. Another option is to classify your belongings and pack them based on their priority.
- Determine whether you need storage: The benefits of using storage are many. First, it will simplify the moving process since you’ll clean out your home from numerous boxes, making it easier for you to do a final cleanup.
- Please make time for yourself: Take some time to relax and enjoy time with your family and friends while our local movers Northern Virginia are handling your relocation.
How to pack: room-by-room-guide
Here are some of the best room-by-room packing tips for a successful move to Alexandria:
- Kitchen: Since it is the most challenging room to pack, the kitchen should be the first to deal with. The first step is to clear your countertop area to spread packing materials and start packing. Regarding kitchenware, fill pots and pans in a large box in a babushka system and put pieces of packing paper between them. For glassware, obtain dividers for each box to prevent chattering. For further protection, wrap the glasses with packing paper. Do the same with plates and bowls. When it comes to the silverware, roll it in a packing towel. And when it comes to kitchen appliances, use original boxes if possible. If not, use a box of a similar size. Finally, secure the devices with foam bags before packing them up.
- Living room: First, disassemble all the furniture. Wrap the table and put the small pieces, such as furniture legs, handles, and screws, into one box. When it comes to fragile items such as lamps and mirrors, wrap them well with foam bags, bubble wrap, or blankets. Wrap electronics into thin foam wrap and pack them into original boxes or special cartons.
- Bedroom: First, pack up your closet. Declutter the clothes you don’t need; now is a perfect time. Obtain the wardrobe boxes with hanging bars. Besides, you can use your drawers to pack light clothes but don’t forget to secure the drawers from opening. When it comes to the furniture, disassemble it. And when filling a mattress, use waterproof wraps. Mirrors and decorations must be secured well. Use corrugated boxes for the pictures and mirrors.
Use storage among the most common tips for a successful move to Alexandria VA
Using storage is always a great option whether you are moving locally or long distance. There are many reasons for renting a storage unit. This way, you’ll save a lot of space and stay organized. Storage is the best option if you live in a temporary house. Besides, storage can save you space after you move if you need to declutter but don’t want to get rid of certain items.
Get to know Alexandria VA before the move
Alexandria, VA, is a great choice to start a new chapter in your life since it has seen substantial economic growth in the last few years. The city is vibrant and diverse and offers fantastic opportunities. However, the best adjective you can use to describe Alexandria is ‘artsy’ since it is a dream for all art lovers. Besides, it’s excellent for history lovers too. The most appealing about Alexandria is its natural environment. It is ranked as one of the healthiest cities due to its numerous green spaces. Here you can enjoy the full potential of Northern Virginia’s nature. When it comes to living in Alexandria, it has a neighborhood for everyone. Here you can find a mixture of urban and suburban. All in all, Alexandria VA has it all.
One of the best tips for a successful move to Alexandria VA is to hire movers
Whether you are moving locally or long distance, whether you need help with a small move or a bugger one, it is always a good idea to hire movers. You may wonder why not move alone if it is a small move. However, the truth is that even with minor moves, you may need help. Those types of activities can be pretty tricky. You may think you have enough time, enough energy, and enough packing supplies, but in a blink of an eye, the move can turn into a nightmare. So, to prevent stress and anxiety and save time and money, check out our small moves Northern Virginia and move like a pro.
One step closer to a perfectly safe and secure move to Alexandria VA
Now that you know all the tips for a successful move to Alexandria VA, it’s time to plan and realize the movement. And there’s no better way to do this than to get in touch with Helix Transfer & Storage Northern Virginia. Our movers will take care of everything. Your only job is to contact your preferred residential movers in Northern VA and start by getting a moving quote. You can entirely rely on high-rated Alexandria movers. Ensure the safest relocation possible and enjoy the move.
Helix was great!!
Helix was great!! We moved from VA to PA and they handled everything efficiently and effectively. We had some issues with freight elevators at both our old and new apartments and they were able to handle it well.