While each town has its unique charm and character, there are both pros and cons of living in Fairfax County overall. In this article, we’ll explore these pros and cons to help you make an informed decision about moving to one of these towns. On the other hand, let moving and storage in Northern Virginia help you experience the best moving experience. Moving stress-free is possible, especially if you have the proper assistance. Regardless, finding reliable movers is not enough. You need to prepare for your move on time. Let’s see how we can help you with that.
How to prepare for your Fairfax County relocation like a pro?
Preparing for relocation is not an easy endeavor. It requires a lot of work, organizing, and thinking outside the box. Still, there is one crucial thing that can help you stay on track when planning a move. It’s having a solid strategy. In order to move without stress, you need to strategize and visualize.
Here is what your strategy should consist of:
- A moving checklist – You need to create a checklist regardless of whether you’re moving for the first or the tenth time. There is no universal rule on when to start creating this list. However, our advice is to start a few months in advance.
- Set the budget – This is one of the most important parts of your relocation process. Setting a firm budget is of the essence. Of course, you may be a bit flexible here and there but don’t go over the line.
- Declutter your house – One good way to save money and space is to get rid of the things you won’t use in your new house. Therefore, either sell or donate stuff you won’t find the proper space for in your new home.
- Hire a reputable moving company – We are all about saving money, but it doesn’t refer to this particular case. In order to ensure a stress-free move, contact movers Falls Church VA, because they can help you if you are relocating somewhere around the area.
- Pack smartly – Instead of buying cardboard boxes, use items in your home as packing supplies. For instance, try using linens and towels to wrap fragile belongings.
Understanding more about the pros and cons of living in Fairfax County
Before we analyze the pros and cons of living in Fairfax County, let’s cover some basic facts about this place. Whatever the reason is that made you move here, you won’t regret it. Fairfax County is a pretty good place to live in. First of all, it’s really close to the country’s capital city. So, after moving companies in Great Falls help you move to Fairfax, you can go and visit Washington, D.C., in a heartbeat. Still, before moving there, you need to research the city. That means that you will need to visit the city as well before moving there. Therefore, plan a trip one weekend and visit the town with your family and/or friends.
The upsides of moving to and living in Fairfax County
There are many advantages to living in Fairfax County. However, some of the most important ones are:
- Low crime rate – Who doesn’t love hearing this? Fairfax County has one of the lowest crime rates in the country. Therefore, it’s very safe for families and young couples getting to start a household.
- Excellent education system – Public schools in this city are ranked among the top ten percent in the nation. Hence, you don’t have to worry about your children’s education here.
- Good standard of living but with lower prices – Although Fairfax County is close to places such as Washington D.C. it’s not as expensive. Not only that, but the state income tax is much lower than in neighboring states.
- Amazing job opportunities – If you’re looking for a job in the public sector, Fairfax County is the place for you. Since the city is close to the capital, many people who work for the government live here.
- There is always something interesting to do – It’s good to know you’re just a few hours away from the closest beach. Not only that, but Fairfax is also close to other beautiful natural beauties such as mountains.
Are there more cons than pros of living in Fairfax County?
Although there are many pros of living in Fairfax County, there are still some downsides we need to mention. We hope it won’t change your mind, but if it does, the best Clifton VA movers will help you move to the next most profitable place. Even if you’re in a good financial situation, you can’t seem but notice the high prices of real estate. Even though salaries are good in the public sector, people who work in the tech industry make housing quite competitive. That’s how certain houses seem to cost three if not four times more than initially estimated. Another downside to note is the fact that the traffic is pretty bad here. That is strengthened by the fact that roads are constantly under construction. Moreover, it’s said that drivers are really aggressive in this area.
Still, places like Vienna, Great Falls, Falls Church, and Clifton are great places to live, after all. Make sure you book reliable movers in Vienna VA, to relocate you there safely and stress-free. We advise you to prepare for your life in this county by:
- Leaving your home early for work
- Considering renting a house and saving some money before buying
- Driving safely despite the traffic situation
The pros outweigh the cons
As you can see, there are a lot of both pros and cons of living in Fairfax County. Still, it’s important to note that the decision is yours. Generally, there are more pros to living in Fairfax County, but it depends on your preferences. Therefore, focus on the bright sides of living there as you will find a way to deal with the downsides of living there. Whatever the case is, just make sure you contact Helix Transfer & Storage in order to book your movers on time!
Helix was great!!
Helix was great!! We moved from VA to PA and they handled everything efficiently and effectively. We had some issues with freight elevators at both our old and new apartments and they were able to handle it well.